Suggested Readings – Professor Munkner, respected European co-operative expert
One of the most respected co-operative experts in Europe, Prof. Munkner has produced a glossary of co-operative terms which is available in German, English, Polish, Arabic, and Korean. If interested please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other works of interest by Prof. Munkner:
- “Housing and Services for People with special needs”, a manual for organisers and local leaders of housing co-operatives caring for people with special needs, edited by Claus J. Hachmann and Hans-H. Münkner (2003)
- “Best Practice”, a manual on innovative approaches to co-operative solutions of housing problems of the poor, edited by Hans-H. Münkner (2004)
- “Organised Self-Help to solve Housing Problems”, a manual for organisers and local leaders of housing co-operatives among the urban poor, edited by Hans-H. Münkner and Rolf Trodin (1999)
- “Housing and special services for families, women and children”, edited by Hans-H Munkner.
- “Basic Structure of Housing Cooperatives” Grundriss der Wohnungsgenossenschaften Eduard Mändle, Hammonia-Verlag Hamburg 2005, 188 p. ISBN 3-87292-202-5 (in German)
Interesting Readings from CECODHAS:
- “Safe as Houses”, Preventing and dealinng with anti-social behaviour, a report for CECODHAS by Bill Randall.
- “Breaking doen the Barriers”, information about social housing for people with handicaps, a report for CECODHAS by Bill Randall.
The European Co-operative Society (Societé Cooperative Europeenne SCE) and European Cooperative Tradition (in German) hosted Prof. Dr. Münkner, University of Marburg who gave a remarkable speech on 21 November 2005 in Vienna, where he explained, why the status of a European Cooperative Society has been developed and how the cooperative development will emerge in the future. The publication is structured as follows:
- Status of the development 1986
- Changes 1986 – 1992
- European cooperative traditions
- The long road towards the status of SCE
- The contents of SCE
- SCE and the actual trends in cooperative movements of Europe