Cooperative Housing International (CHI), the housing sectoral organisation of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA), is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors using its website. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR) 2018.
Any personal information that ICA/CHI collect about you through your use of our websites, especially any online forms, will be used solely for the purpose for which you submitted it and in line with General Data Protection Regulation principles. We will not pass your information on to any third party.
Each time you visit our site, web statistics are collected automatically about your visit. This information assists us to learn how our visitors use our site so that we can improve it in the future. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to you.
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, email address, etc. This is used to improve the content of our site and to ensure relevance of information.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number), and other technical information, which is automatically logged by our server. This is used to note your interest in our website and to ensure any changes that are made to the site are for your benefit.
- Session information stored in cookies. These do not include any personal information and are used to ensure that the correct data is extracted from the database (such as language preference) and the correct level of access is given when accessing restricted pages.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To comply with legal requirements
- To ensure accessibility onto our site
We do not pass the information we collect to external companies. We do however utilise a third party, Google, to track the usage and volume of users on our site. The information they collect is not in any way associated with the details we hold about you online. We also use a Drupal authentification system.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How information about you will be used
Individual contact information which you supply to ICA/CHI will be used to deliver our newsletters, important press releases, invitations to events, and may be used to contact you for statistical information and networking within the co-operative movement. We will not sell your information. We will not share your personal information with anyone outside of the International Cooperative Alliance structures and partners. For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights, please visit terms and conditions page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about GDPR and what it means for your data at https://www.eugdpr.org/.