Co-operative Housing International is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors using its website. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1988.
Any personal information that we collect about you through your use of our website, especially any on-line forms, will be used solely for the purpose for which you submitted it and in line with Data Protection Act principles. We will not pass your information on to any third party.
Each time you visit our site, web statistics are collected automatically about your visit. This information assists us to learn how our visitors use our site so that we can improve it in the future. These statistics do not contain personal data and cannot be traced back to you.
The information we collect via this web site may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, email address, etc. This is used to improve the content of our site and to ensure relevance of information.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual indentification number), and other technical information, which is automatically logged by our server. This is used to note your interest in our web site and to ensure any changes that are made to the site are for your benefit.
- Session information stored in cookies. These do not include any personal information and are used to ensure that the correct data is extracted from the database (such as language preference) and the correct level of access is given when accessing restricted pages.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Any personal information we collect from this Web site will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To comply with legal requirements
- To ensure accessibility onto our site
We do not pass the information we collect to external companies. We do however utilise a third party, Google, to track the usage and volume of users on our site. The information they collect is not in any way associated with the details we hold about you online. We also use a Drupal authentification system.